1. According to Machlup the difference between information and knowledge is
(A) Information increases with use, whereas knowledge is constant.
(B) Information is stimulatory, whereas knowledge is practical.
(C) Information is shareable, whereas knowledge is one’s property.
(D) Information is piecemeal, fragmented, particular, whereas knowledge is structured, coherent and universal.
2. “Web of Science” is
(A) A Citation Index
(B) A Bibliography
(C) An Abstracting Service
(D) All of the above
3. “Facts on File” can be grouped under
(A) Primary source
(B) Secondary source
(C) Tertiary source
(D) None of the above
4. In MARC 21, subject access fields are
5. Transformation of traditional libraries to hybrid / digital libraries is
(A) Crisis Management
(C) Change Management
(D) Project Management
6. Which one of the following is not a switching system?
7. Access to back volumes of E-journals is known as _______.
(A) Random Access
(B) Perpetual Access
(C) Online Access
(D) Retrospective Access
8. The chi-square technique is used to compare the observed data with that of
(A) Collected raw data
(B) Expected data
(C) Analysed data
(D) Graphical data
9. ‘Parry Committee’ (UK) was set up to advise
(A) School Libraries
(B) Public Libraries
(C) Special Libraries
(D) University Libraries
10. FRBR is developed by
2012 December UGC NET Solved Question Paper-2 in Library and Information Science: Page-1 | Page-2 | Page-3 | Page-4 | Page-5