1. Who categorized the user studies into the following three categories?
(i) Behaviour Studies.
(ii) Use studies.
(iii) Information flow studies.
(A) Maurice B Line
2. Which one of the following is not a virtual library?
(A) Without walls.
(B) With distributed physical locations.
(C) Providing integrated and unified remote access to geographically distributed collections.
(D) Which does not exist in reality.
3. In 1974, Zurkowski used for the first time, which of the following term?
(A) Digital Literacy
(B) Media Literacy
(C) Computer Literacy
(D) Information Literacy
4. Who defined “to be information literate, a person must be able to recognize when information is needed and have the ability to locate, evaluate and use effectively the needed information.”?
5. Which of the factor is not helping in limiting the external validity?
(A) Reactive effect
(B) Ecological validity
(C) Interaction between selection bias of experimental variables
(D) Ecological effect
6. Semantic differential scale is concerned with
(A) Pool of items
(B) Selection from two opposite positions
(C) Five point scale
(D) Selection from a check list
7. In spiral of scientific method, the span of Zenith to descendent is
(A) Empirical phase
(B) Hypothesizing phase
(C) Deductive phase
(D) Verification phase
8. Which of the following variable cannot be expressed in quantitative terms?
(A) Socio-Economic status
(B) Marital status
(C) Numerical Aptitude
(D) Professional Attitude
9. National Knowledge Network is to be implemented by
(A) National Knowledge Commission
(B) Information and Library Network
(C) National Information Centre
(D) Department of Information Technology
10. Metadata Dublin core refers to
(A) Data elements in database
(B) Bibliographic elements in database
(C) Field elements in database
(D) Subject elements in database
2012 June UGC NET Solved Question Paper-3 in Library and Information Science: Page-1 | Page-2 | Page-3 | Page-4 | Page-5 | Page-6 | Page-7 | Page-8