31. Identify the odd one out.
32. Which of the following is not a part of word treatment in language dictionaries?
(D) Grammatical information
33. Where the first M. Phil programme in Library and Information Science was started in India?
(A) University of Madras
(B) University of Delhi
(C) University of Mysore
(D) University of Bombay
34. Corollary for Second Law of Library Science is
(A) Books for all
(B) Free Books Service
(C) Free Library Service
(D) Books every where
35. Which of the following is not the prerequisite for a National Information Policy?
(A) Legislative Frame work
(B) Production of National Bibliography
(C) Advisory and Administrative body
(D) ICT infrastructure facilities
36. World Intellectual Property Organization is related to
(B) United Nations
(C) U.S. Organization
(D) International Law Organization
37. Redundancy of information is
(A) Unnecessary and should be eliminated
(B) Unnecessary but cannot be avoided
(C) Necessary and sometimes useful
(D) Necessary and always desirable
38. Which sources would you consult to know the “Impact Factor” of Journal publications?
(i) Web of Science.
(ii) Science Direct.
(A) (i) and (iv)
(B) (ii) and (iii)
(C) (i) and (iii)
(D) (iii) and (iv)
39. Research is conducted to:
(i) Generate new knowledge.
(ii) Develop a theory.
(iii) Develop communication skills.
(iv) Re-interpret existing knowledge.
(A) (i), (iii) and (ii) are correct
(B) (iii), (ii) and (i) are correct
(C) (i), (ii) and (iv) are correct
(D) (i), (iii) and (iv) are correct
40. Radio Frequency Identification is used in library for:
(i) Circulation of Documents.
(ii) Cataloguing of Documents.
(iii) Security of Documents.
(iv) Acquisition of Documents.
(A) (i) and (ii) are correct
(B) (ii) and (iv) are correct
(C) (iii) and (ii) are correct
(D) (i) and (iii) are correct
2012 June UGC NET Solved Question Paper-3 in Library and Information Science: Page-1 | Page-2 | Page-3 | Page-4 | Page-5 | Page-6 | Page-7 | Page-8