1. Name the scientist who said that Information Science is cluster of many disciplines where in the central core is ‘Information’.
(A) B.C. Brooks
(B) Fritz Machlup
(C) Daniel Bell
(D) N.J. Belkin
2. Which committee recommended that imperial library be designated as copyright library?
(A) Fayzee Committee, 1939
(B) Richey Committee, 1926
(C) Statham Committee, 1932
(D) Sadler Committee, 1916
3. Who was the first Librarian of Imperial Library, Calcutta?
(A) John MacFarlane
(B) Harinath De
(C) B.S. Kesavan
(D) S.R. Ranganathan
4. Who coined the phrase ‘Information Retrieval’?
(A) Calvin Mooers
(B) S.R. Ranganathan
(C) J.D. Brown
(D) H.P. Luhan
5. In colon classification which indicator has been used for indicating interpolation?
6. What is Denudation?
(A) Is dividing classes to decrease the extension.
(B) Is dividing classes to increase the extension.
(C) Is dividing classes to increase intension and decrease extension.
(D) Is dividing classes to decrease intension.
7. The International Body that coordinates the assignment of unique domain names, protocol address is
8. Name the Indian Librarian who was honoured with the title of “Khan Bahadur” in 1935 by the British Government.
(A) S.R. Ranganathan
(B) B.S. Kesavan
(C) K.M. Asadullah
(D) D.R. Kalia
9. Which approach of information is not given by Wersig and Neveling?
(A) Structural Approach
(B) Knowledge Approach
(C) Meaning Approach
(D) Technique Approach
10. Which of the following citation style manuals are from the same publisher?
(A) (i) and (ii) are correct.
(B) (ii) and (iii) are correct.
(C) (iii) and (iv) are correct.
(D) (ii) and (iv) are correct.
2013 December UGC NET Solved Question Paper-2 in Library and Information Science: Page-1 | Page-2 | Page-3 | Page-4 | Page-5