11. Name the similarity measure in which similarity of a document is adjusted such that the similarity of a document to itself is 1.
(A) Cosine measure
(B) Distance measure
(C) Swet’s measure
(D) Normalised similarity measure
12. Which law states that “An information retrieval system will tend not to be used whenever it is more painful and troublesome for a customer to have information than for him not to have it”?
(A) Bradford’s Law
(B) Mooer’s Law
(C) Ziff’s Law
(D) Lotka’s Law
13. Who is the compiler of Web- Bibliography of Rabindranath Tagore?
(A) Bengal Library Association
(C) National Library of India
14. Who are the publishers of ‘Year Book on Human Rights’?
(A) United Nations
(B) Ministry of Law, Govt. of India
(C) Europa Publishers
(D) R.R. Bowker
15. ASTINFO stands for
(A) Asian Scientific and Technological Information Network
(B) Association of Scientific and Technological Information Scientists in Asia
(C) International Network for Exchange of Science and Technology Information
(D) Regional Network for the Exchange of Information and Experience in Science and Technology in Asia and the Pacific
16. IFLA’s programme for capacity building of library associations is named as
17. The measure of certainty or predictability is called as
18. A characteristic in which information tends to leak and the more it leaks, the more we have, is
(A) Synergetic characteristics
(B) Diffusive characteristics
(C) Compressible characteristics
(D) Shareable characteristics
19. Which of the following organizations are associated with the concept of ‘1000 crore plan to link 9000 libraries in India’?
(i) National Library of India.
(ii) National Mission on Libraries.
(A) (ii) and (iii) are correct.
(B) (iii) and (iv) are correct.
(C) (i) and (iv) are correct.
(D) (ii) and (iv) are correct.
20. Which of the following are the core content of ISI web of knowledge?
(i) Current Contents.
(ii) ISI proceedings.
(iii) Derwent Information Index.
(A) (i), (iv) and (iii)
(B) (i), (ii) and (iii)
(C) (ii), (iii) and (iv)
(D) (i), (ii) and (iv)
2013 December UGC NET Solved Question Paper-3 in Library and Information Science: Page-1 | Page-2 | Page-3 | Page-4 | Page-5 | Page-6 | Page-7 | Page-8