1. The Class index entries which are derived from the class number of a document in classified catalogue are based upon:
(A) Unsought link
(B) Missing link
(C) False link
(D) Sought link
2. Mode of formation of subject ‘Oceanography’ is:
(D) Loose Assemblage
3. ‘Half life’ in Information Science relates to:
(A) Rate of obsolescence
(B) Rate of growth
(C) Degree of scatter
(D) Information explosion
4. As per Indian Copyright Law Copyright Law, Copyright is granted for (Literary Work):
(A) Fifty years after the book is published
(B) Fifty years after the death of the author
(C) Sixty years after the book is published
(D) Sixty years after the death of the author
5. Who chaired the Committee set up in October 1984 to formulate the ‘National Policy for Library and Information System’ constituted by the Dept. of Culture, Govt. of India?
(A) Dr. S.R.Ranganathan
(B) Dr. C.D. Deshmukh
(D) Prof. D.P. Chattopadhya
6. Ratnasagar, Ratnaranjaka and Ratnodadhi Library buildings were the part of:
(A) Vikramashila Learning Centre
(B) Takshashila Learning Centre
(C) Nalanda Learning Centre
(D) Vallabhi Learning Centre
7. What type of information sources are Almanacs?
(A) Ready Reference
8. Which of the following is not an essential feature of an e-book?
(A) Mostly cost effective
(B) Scope for online purchase
(C) Search information at ease
(D) Access at slow pace
9. A database contains 100 records on a particular topic. A search was conducted and 80 records were retrieved. Of the 80 records retrieved, 60 were relevant. What is the recall?
10. Who was the teacher of S.R. Ranganathan at London?
(A) J.D. Brown
(B) A. Panizzi
(C) W.B.C. Sayers
(D) Melvil Dewey
2015 December UGC NET Solved Question Paper-2 in Library and Information Science: Page-1 | Page-2 | Page-3 | Page-4 | Page-5