1. Right to Information Act, in India came into force
(A) 15th June, 2005
(B) 22nd June, 2005
(C) 12th October, 2005
(D) 5th February, 2006
2. Who developed the theory of ‘information supply and indexing’ based on five axioms definability, order, sufficient degree of order, predictability and Fidelity?
(A) Robert Fugmann
(B) William Cooper
(C) Eugene Garfield
(D) Calvin Mooers
3. Action for Development through Libraries Programme (ALP) is an initiative of
(C) LA (UK)
4. The first edition of ‘Imperial Gazetteer of India’ was published in
5. Inference Engine is a part of
(A) Management Information System
(B) Decision Support System
(C) Expert System
(D) Technology Management System
6. The sampling procedure, where the researcher collects data on the few members of the target population, then asks those individuals for information to locate other members of that population whom they know, is known as
(A) Quota sampling
(B) Snowball sampling
(C) Random sampling
(D) Stratified sampling
7. Identify the ‘FOUR USER TASKS’ with authority data as defined by the Franar working group (FRAD-6)
(A) Find, identify, select, obtain.
(B) Find, identify, contextualize, justify.
(C) Select, record, classify, analyse.
(D) Justify, identify, select, classify.
8. Who adopted ‘one place’ theory in library classification?
(A) H.E. Bliss
(B) S.R. Ranganathan
(C) Melvil Dewey
(D) J.D. Brown
9. In which edition “Auxiliary table for area” was introduced?
(A) DDC 14th edition
(B) DDC 15th edition
(C) DDC 16th edition
(D) DDC 17th edition
10. When was Sears List of Subject Headings (SLSH) first edition published?
2016 August UGC NET Solved Question Paper-2 in Library and Information Science: Page-1 | Page-2 | Page-3 | Page-4 | Page-5