1. Which law of the Library Science, as enunciated by Dr. Ranganathan, covered the words children, blind and the crippled, artisans, neo-literates, farmers, factory workers, and many more under the ambience of Public Library Service?
(1) First Law
(2) Second Law
(3) Fourth Law
(4) Fifth Law
2. Chapter - 9 of AACR-2 has changed its name in AACR 2R 2002, Identify the changed name.
(1) Computer Files
(2) Electronic Resources
(3) Machine Readable Data Files
(4) Computer Resources
3. Which of the following Associations had suggested that, for every 3000 persons there should be one public library and India with 1.2 billion population requires 3,30,000 libraries?
4. Who, among the following, had visualized the establishment of Village Knowledge Centres (VKCs) in 2.3 lakh Panchayats to empower the villagers with knowledge?
(1) Jawaharlal Nehru
(2) Dr. S.R. Ranganathan
(3) Dr. Abdul Kalam
(4) C.V. Raman
5. In 1930, who theorized that reference work may be conservative, moderate and liberal?
(1) James I. Wyer
(2) William A. Katz
(3) S.R. Ranganathan
(4) S. Rothestein
6. The term 'Exponential Growth' refers to
(1) Linear Growth
(2) Normal mode of distribution
(3) Geometric Progression
(4) Arithmetic Progression
7. Which of the following sections of the 'Right to Information Act', 2005 (India) grants exemption from disclosure of information?
(1) Section - 5(2)
(2) Section – 6
(3) Section - 8
(4) Section - 11
8. The World Digital Library (WDL) is an international collaboration led by
(1) IFLA, with support of Library of Congress
(2) CILIP, with support of UNESCO
(3) CILIP, with support of IFLA
(4) Library of Congress, with support of UNESCO
9. Which of the following is the first book authored by S.R. Ranganathan?
(1) Library Manual
(2) Five laws of Library Science
(3) Prolegomena to Library Classification
(4) Colon Classification
10. Journalseek is an:
(1) Online database covering academic journals articles
(2) Online database covering abstracts
(3) Online database of freely available journal information
(4) Subscription agent for freely available journals
2016 June UGC NET Solved Question Paper-3 in Library and Information Science: Page-1 | Page-2 | Page-3 | Page-4 | Page-5 | Page-6 | Page-7 | Page-8