41. India’s first Defence University is in the State of
(B) Andhra Pradesh
(C) Uttar Pradesh
42. Most of the Universities in India
(A) Conduct teaching and research only
(B) Affiliate colleges and conduct examinations
(C) Conduct teaching/research and examinations
(D) Promote research only
43. Which one of the following is not a Constitutional Body?
(A) Election Commission
(B) Finance Commission
(C) Union Public Service Commission
(D) Planning Commission
44. Which one of the following statements is not correct?
(A) Indian Parliament is supreme.
(B) The Supreme Court of India has the power of judicial review.
(C) There is a division of powers between the Centre and the States.
(D) There is a Council of Ministers to aid and advise the President.
45. Which one of the following statements reflects the republic character of Indian democracy?
(A) Written Constitution
(B) No State religion
(C) Devolution of power to local Government institutions
(D) Elected President and directly or indirectly elected Parliament
46. Who among the following appointed by the Governor can be removed by only the President of India?
(A) Chief Minister of a State
(B) A member of the State Public Service Commission
(D) Vice-Chancellor of a State University
47. If two small circles represent the class of the ‘men’ and the class of the ‘plants’ and the big circle represents ‘mortality’, which one of the following figures represent the proposition ‘All men are mortal.’ ?
The following table presents the production of electronic items (TVs and LCDs) in a factory during the period from 2006 to 2010. Study the table carefully and answer the questions from 48 to 52:
Year 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010
TV 6000 9000 13000 11000 8000
LCDs 7000 9400 9000 10000 12000
48. In which year, the total production of electronic items is maximum?
49. What is the difference between averages of production of LCDs and TVs from 2006 to 2008?
Answer: (Wrong question)
50. What is the year in which production of TVs is half the production of LCDs in the year 2010?
2010 December UGC NET Solved Paper-1, Page-1 (Question 1-10)
2010 December UGC NET Solved Paper-1, Page-2 (Question 11-20)
2010 December UGC NET Solved Paper-1, Page-3 (Question 21-30)
2010 December UGC NET Solved Paper-1, Page-4 (Question 31-40)
2010 December UGC NET Solved Paper-1, Page-5 (Question 41-50)
2010 December UGC NET Solved Paper-1, Page-6 (Question 51-60)