41. Which of the following can be done under conditions of financial emergency?
1. State Legislative Assemblies can be abolished.
2. Central Government can acquire control over the budget and expenditure of States.
3. Salaries of the Judges of the High Courts and the Supreme Court can be reduced.
4. Right to Constitutional Remedies can be suspended.
Select the correct answer from the codes given below:
(A) 1, 2 and 3
(B) 2, 3 and 4
(C) 1 and 2
(D) 2 and 3
42. Match List – I with List – II and select the correct answer from the codes given below:
List – I List – II
(a) Poverty Reduction Programme (i) Mid-day Meals
(b) Human Development Scheme (ii) Indira Awas Yojana (IAY)
(c) Social Assistance Scheme (iii) National Old Age Pension (NOAP)
(d) Minimum Need Scheme (iv) MNREGA
(a) (b) (c) (d)
(A) (iv) (i) (iii) (ii)
(B) (ii) (iii) (iv) (i)
(C) (iii) (iv) (i) (ii)
(D) (iv) (iii) (ii) (i)
43. For an efficient and durable learning, learner should have
(A) Ability to learn only
(B) Requisite level of motivation only
(C) Opportunities to learn only
(D) Desired level of ability and motivation
44. Classroom communication must be
(A) Teacher centric
(B) Student centric
(C) General centric
(D) Textbook centric
45. The best method of teaching is to
(A) Impart information
(B) Ask students to read books
(C) Suggest good reference material
(D) Initiate a discussion and participate in it
46. Interaction inside the classroom should generate
47. “Spare the rod and spoil the child”, gives the message that
(A) Punishment in the class should be banned.
(B) Corporal punishment is not acceptable.
(C) Undesirable behaviour must be punished.
(D) Children should be beaten with rods.
48. The type of communication that the teacher has in the classroom, is termed as
(B) Mass communication
(C) Group communication
(D) Face-to-face communication
49. Which one of the following is an indication of the quality of a research journal?
(A) Impact factor
50. Good ‘research ethics’ means
(A) Not disclosing the holdings of shares/stocks in a company that sponsors your research.
(B) Assigning a particular research problem to one Ph.D./research student only.
(C) Discussing with your colleagues confidential data from a research paper that you are reviewing for an academic journal.
(D) Submitting the same research manuscript for publishing in more than one journal.
2012 December UGC NET Paper-1, Page-1 (Question 1-10)
2012 December UGC NET Paper-1, Page-2 (Question 11-20)
2012 December UGC NET Paper-1, Page-3 (Question 21-30)
2012 December UGC NET Paper-1, Page-4 (Question 31-40)
2012 December UGC NET Paper-1, Page-5 (Question 41-50)
2012 December UGC NET Paper-1, Page-6 (Question 51-60)