11. In which year, area under fruits has recorded the highest rate of increase?
12. ‘www’ stands for
(A) Work with web
(B) Word wide web
(C) World wide web
(D) Worth while web
13. A hard disk is divided into tracks which is further subdivided into
14. A computer program that translates a program statement by statement into machine languages is called a/an
15. A Gigabyte is equal to
(A) 1024 Megabytes
(B) 1024 Kilobytes
(C) 1024 Terabytes
(D) 1024 Bytes
16. A Compiler is a software which converts
(A) Characters to bits
(B) High level language to machine language
(C) Machine language to high level language
(D) Words to bits
17. Virtual memory is
(A) An extremely large main memory.
(B) An extremely large secondary memory.
(C) An illusion of extremely large main memory.
(D) A type of memory used in super computers.
18. The phrase “tragedy of commons” is in the context of
(A) Tragic even related to damage caused by release of poisonous gases.
(B) Tragic conditions of poor people.
(C) Degradation of renewable free access resources.
(D) Climate change.
19. Kyoto Protocol is related to
(A) Ozone depletion
(B) Hazardous waste
(C) Climate change
(D) Nuclear energy
20. Which of the following is a source of emissions leading to the eventual formation of surface ozone as a pollutant?
(A) Transport sector
(B) Refrigeration and Air-conditioning
2013 June UGC NET Paper-1, Page-1 (Question 1-10)
2013 June UGC NET Paper-1, Page-2 (Question 11-20)
2013 June UGC NET Paper-1, Page-3 (Question 21-30)
2013 June UGC NET Paper-1, Page-4 (Question 31-40)
2013 June UGC NET Paper-1, Page-5 (Question 41-50)
2013 June UGC NET Paper-1, Page-6 (Question 51-60)