21. Identify the source of irrigation that has recorded the maximum incidence of negative growth in terms of Net irrigated area during the years given in the table.
(A) Government Canals
(B) Private Canals
(C) Tube Wells and other wells
(D) Other sources
22. In which of the following years, share of the tube wells and other wells in the total net irrigated area was the highest?
23. The acronym FTP stands for
(A) File Transfer Protocol
(B) Fast Transfer Protocol
(C) File Tracking Protocol
(D) File Transfer Procedure
24. Which one of the following is not a/an image/graphic file format?
25. The first Web Browser is
(A) Internet Explorer
(C) World Wide Web
26. When a computer is booting, BIOS is loaded to the memory by
27. Which one of the following is not the same as the other three?
(A) MAC address
(B) Hardware address
(C) Physical address
(D) IP address
28. Identify the IP address from the following
(A) 300 .215.317.3
29. The population of India is about 1.2 billion. Take the average consumption of energy per person per year in India as 30 Mega Joules. If this consumption is met by carbon based fuels and the rate of carbon emissions per kilojoule is l5 x I06 kgs, the total carbon emissions per year from India will be
(A) 54 million metric tons
(B) 540 million metric tons
(C) 5400 million metric tons
(D) 2400 million metric tons
Answer: (Wrong Question)
30. Which of the following cities has been worst affected by urban smog in recent times?
(C) Los Angeles
2014 June UGC NET Paper-1, Page-1 (Question 1-10)
2014 June UGC NET Paper-1, Page-2 (Question 11-20)
2014 June UGC NET Paper-1, Page-3 (Question 21-30)
2014 June UGC NET Paper-1, Page-4 (Question 31-40)
2014 June UGC NET Paper-1, Page-5 (Question 41-50)
2014 June UGC NET Paper-1, Page-6 (Question 51-60)