21. In 2015, approximately what percent of total revenue came from books?
A University professor maintains data on MCA students tabulated by performance and gender of the students. The data is kept on a computer hard disk, but accidently sonic of it is lost because of a computer virus. Only the following could be recovered:
Number of MCA Students
Panic buttons were pressed but to no avail. An expert committee was formed, which decided that the following facts were self evident:
(a) Half the students were either excellent or good.
(b) 40% of the students were females.
(c) One-third of the male students were average.
Answer questions 22 — 24 based on the data given above:
22. What proportion of female students are good?
23. Approximately, what proportion of good students are male?
24. How many female students are excellent?
25. Read the following two statements:
I: Information and Communication Technology (ICT) is considered a subset of Information Technology (IT).
II: The 'right to use' a piece of software is termed as copyright.
Which of the above statement(s) is/are CORRECT?
(1) Both I and II
(2) Neither I nor II
(3) II only
(4) I only
26. Which of the following correctly lists computer memory types from highest to lowest speed?
(1) Secondary Storage; Main Memory (RAM); Cache Memory; CPU Registers
(2) CPU Registers; Cache Memory; Secondary Storage; Main Memory (RAM)
(3) CPU Registers; Cache Memory; Main Memory (RAM); Secondary Storage
(4) Cache Memory; CPU Registers; Main Memory (RAM); Secondary Storage
27. Which of the following statement(s) is/are TRUE?
S1: The decimal number 11 is larger than the hexadecimal number 11.
S2: In the binary number 1110.101, the fractional part has the decimal value as 0.625.
(1) SI only
(2) S2 only
(3) Both S1 and S2
(4) Neither S1 nor S2
28. With regard to a word processing software, the process of combining static information in a publication together with variable information in a data source to create one merged publication is called
(1) Electronic mail
(2) Data sourcing
(3) Mail merge
(4) Spam mail
29. DVD technology uses an optical media to store the digital data. DVD is an acronym for
(1) Digital Vector Disc
(2) Digital Volume Disc
(3) Digital Versatile Disc
(4) Digital Visualization Disc
30. Assertion (A): Sustainable development is critical to well being of human society.
Reason (R): Environmentally sound policies do not harm the environment or deplete the natural resources.
Choose the correct code:
(1) Both (A) and (R) are correct and (R) is the correct explanation of (A).
(2) Both (A) and (R) are correct, but (R) is not the correct explanation of (A).
(3) (A) is true and (R) is false.
(4) (A) is false and (R) is true.
2016 December UGC NET Paper-1, Page-1 (Question 1-10)
2016 December UGC NET Paper-1, Page-2 (Question 11-20)
2016 December UGC NET Paper-1, Page-3 (Question 21-30)
2016 December UGC NET Paper-1, Page-4 (Question 31-40)
2016 December UGC NET Paper-1, Page-5 (Question 41-50)
2016 December UGC NET Paper-1, Page-6 (Question 51-60)